Triskelion was founded in 2015 in Stavanger, Norway and is an organisation that specialises in applied research and knowledge mobilisation in the fields of education, public health, youth work, psychology and medicine. Even though we are a young organisation, the staff members represent a wealth of experience in the above mentioned areas, and have participated in over 60 international projects and presented & facilitated at over 200 conferences & workshops worldwide. We are a non profit organisation.
Triskelion has the expertise to
- Participate in research and methodological designs
- Provide evaluation, risk assessment and quality control in various settings
- Facilitate training (short & long term) to professionals, students, general population and social
- Develop pedagogical materials for a variety of target groups from basic to advanced levels (EQF level 1-8)
- Disseminate good practice within our focus area via our extensive network.
- Developing applied training courses/social engagements/interventions based upon current
evidenced based research.
- Experts in the European Quality Framework (EQF), European Credit system for Vocational
Education and Training (ECVET) and European Quality Assurance Reference Framework (EQAVET)
A particular area of expertise is how to tackle the physical and psychosocial consequences of dissatisfaction with appearance.
This is achieved by;
- Establishing the psychological ramifications of appearance concerns for people with and without visible differences
- Developing training packages to increasing understanding of the psychosocial needs of those affected
- Developing methods of support and intervention to meet these needs
- Using research evidence to raise awareness amongst both the public and relevant professionals of the ramifications of appearance concerns